Yes Mom, I'm Making Friends


[I would like to say that my mother does in fact know that I've made friends. She's met them and can testify to the fact. Okay, she actually took that picture up there. Thanks Momma I know ya love me.]

Today's blog post is brought to you per special request from someone who means a lot to me. Her name is Betsy and you probably don't know who she is, but that's okay because what's important is that five weeks ago I met her and we've been best friends ever since.


This is a disclaimer for everyone still in high school: COLLEGE IS AMAZING.


GO TO COLLEGE.

Okay, so there is a lot of studying (Okay─my whole life revolves around studying right now) BUT. Wait for it.

It's worth it. There is so much more beyond just studying.


Seriously, I'm not even kidding you right now. You will meet some pretty darn amazing people in college. I know I've only been here for five weeks now, but I can honestly say that I have already made some lifelong friends.

You know when you just connect with someone right away and it's just so beautiful in a way that you can't even describe? Yep─that's what's been happening these past few weeks. I've said it before and I'll say it again─I have some of the best friends in the world.

You know what's even better? I get to live with these people.

We eat together. We study together. (Yes, even on the weekends. Please be empathetic.) We go to church together. We cook meals together. We do the dishes together. We laugh together. We cry together. We play three-on-three basketball together. We watch movies together. We play ping-pong together. We go and get frozen yogurt together. We play games together. We walk to class together. We go to chapel together. And the list goes on.


These people. I like them. I like them a lot.


I'm trying to find the words to describe these relationships─honestly, I really am─because I love words and I love writing and I love to see how words can come together to create vividly crafted imagines in my head. But I'm drawing blank. There is literally no way I can describe it. It is what it is and I'm loving every second of it.

If only you met these people, and you saw how we interacted, and you heard the laughter, and simply observed for a moment─then you'd know, then you'd understand. You'd get to experience and observe why it is that I love them so much. You'd see all of us together and you'd think to yourself─wow, now if God didn't have a hand in these friendships, I'd really like to know who did.

Isn't it crazy to think that God orchestrated these friendships long before any of us were born? I don't know about you─but I think that's pretty cool. That is pretty darn cool indeed.





[Interested in reading more? Check out the Blog Archive to the right to find links to my other posts.]


If you liked this post, you might like...
The Pros & Cons of Living In a Dorm Room
What It's Like To Go To College In Your Hometown
Is My First Semester of College Really Over?
College: Week 1
What It's Like To Have The Worst Roommate Ever 



Like the post? Have a question for me? Express your thoughts in the comment section below, I'd love to hear from you! Think your friends might like it? Feel free to share the post with others by clicking on one of the social media icons below.

Comments

Popular Posts