Sophomore Year Has Started!

So I'm a sophomore now.

Hold up. Let me say that again─I'm a sophomore now. WHAT!

Does it feel any different than freshman year? Yes and no. Yes in the sense that this time last year this whole college deal was a completely new experience for me, but no in the sense that it feels like I never left for the summer.

Honestly, after one week of classes it feels like I've been here forever. Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing. It's not like ugggh I've been in class FOREVER, it's more like I'm here. I'm home. I'm where I'm meant to be.


I came back to campus three weeks ago for RA training, so maybe that has something to do with it. However, all the other students only moved into the dorm last week. I've got to tell you, it's a little weird living by yourself on a wing with 9 other empty rooms. Even weirder to be living there without your roommate. [I missed you Alli!]


So you can imagine how excited I was when everyone else FINALLY came back to campus.


I had been in RA training for 2 weeks before the freshman came. That was 2 weeks of laughing, discussing, and preparing with my staff. We were practically together 24/7, then BOOM the freshman came, the real deal started, and we were each sent on our way to tackle the year.

I know it's only been a week and all, but it's been pretty amazing.

Yes, moments have been stressful. Some moments in particular have been very stressful. All at once everything began, meetings were held, and I was reminded of all the commitments I had made for the year. Jobs began, homework was assigned, and I said a very tearful goodbye to my love. [AKA my boyfriend left to study abroad for the semester. Sad day, I know. But I won't drown you out about that in this post.]

Though moments have been hectic, I must say that in the midst of all the stress, things have actually been pretty great.

The girls on my wing are beautiful individuals full of laughter, love, and energy. My classes are interesting and I've found balance with their workloads. And God has provided time, energy, and peace with everything I have to do─amen for that.


In honor of all the excitement on campus this past week, I thought I'd share a few highlights.

1) Meeting all the freshmen on my wing!
2) Reuniting with my roomie!
3) Making s'mores at 3rd South's wing bonfire.
4) Going on a midnight donut run TWO FRIDAYS IN A ROW.
5) Catching up with friends.
6) Eating delicious salmon all the way from the west coast! [Muchas gracias Taylor.]
7) Taking the freshmen on my wing to my home church.
8) The spa night with my fellow RAs. [My first ever experience with a face mask. We had sparkling grape juice, cheese, AND crackers. Fancy fancy.]


9) The RA Panel at our Mug & Muffin event.
10) Watching Pride & Prejudice with friends on my new TV─and falling asleep half-way through. [It was a long weekend.]
11) The Slime Fight & Slip 'n Slide. [I didn't get a bruise this year!]
12) Winning silver in the trike race with my roomie!



13) Eating DELICIOUS seafood pizza and BBQ wings with the BF..when he was still in the country.
14) Laughing with my dear friend Smashaloney.
15) Helping students with content and delivery for their upcoming speeches. [Actually this has been quite enjoyable for me.]
16) Laughing A LOT with several different people.
17) Living in the dorm again with my best buds.



And there you have it! A run down of some of the exciting moments I have experienced back on campus.

So here's to sophomore year.
Here's to all the memories ahead, all the laughs that will be had, and all that the Lord has in store.





[Interested in reading more? Check out the Blog Archive to the right to find links to my other posts.]

If you liked this post, you might like...
College: Week 1
Studying: This Is My Life Now
The Pros & Cons of Living in a Dorm Room
What It's Like To Go To College In Your Hometown



Like the post? Have a question for me? Express your thoughts in the comment section below, I'd love to hear from you! Think your friends might like it? Feel free to share the post with others by clicking on one of the social media icons below.

Comments

Popular Posts